- origin: ischial tuberosity w/ tendon of biceps femoris;
- insertion: pes arserinus
- flexes and medially rotates the calf at the knee; extends, adducts and medially rotates the thigh at the hip;
- reversed origin-insertion action:
- when leg is fixed, assists posterior stability of the pelvis and extends the pelvis on the hip;
- nerve supply: sciatic (tibial branch, which develops 2 branches), L4 , L5 S1, S2;
- synergists: semimembranosus, biceps femoris, gastrocnemius, gracilis, sartorius
Late reconstruction of the patellar tendon.