- includes posterior 1/3 of lateral supporting structures;
- it includes LCL, arcuate ligament, & exension of popliteus;
- posterior 1/3 of the lateral ligamentous complex is reinforced by biceps, popliteus, & lateral head of gastrocnemius;
- extracapsular fibular colateral ligament originates from lateral epicondyle and attaches to the fibular head;
- in approx 15% of pts short LCL is demarcated by presence of fabella confluent with the posterior aspect of LCL;
- arcuate ligament:
- originates on posterolateral aspect of femur inserts distally onto posterolateral aspect of tibia & is reinforced by the biceps tendon
Limits of movement in the human knee. Effect of sectioning the posterior cruciate ligament and posterolateral structures.
Knee dysfunction secondary to dislocation of the fabella.