- normally separates from the anterior tibial artery as it perforates the interosseous foramen;
- this branch heads superiorly and in the direction of patellar tendon, supplying the skin overlying patellar tendon,
- supplies the anterior aspect of the knee, the superior tibiofibular joint, and the lateral condyle of the tibia;
- contributes to the patellar plexus thru its anastomosis w/ inferior medial and inferior lateral genicular arteries;
- See genicular artery system
Compartment syndrome as a complication of the Hauser procedure.