- Technique for Surgical Neck Frx:
- use 2.5 mm terminally threaded AO Schanz pins;
- following appropriate reduction, one pin is inserted thru lateral arm, at a point 8 cm distal to acromion in order to avoid
- second pin is inserted parallel to the first;
- third pin is inserted to form a triangular configuration;
- finally a fourth pin is inserted from greater tuberosity to medial humeral shaft;
- Surgical Neck Fractures of the Proximal Humerus: A Laboritory Evaluation of Ten Fixation Techniques.
The Management of Severely Displaced Fractures of the Proximal Humerus in Children. Beebe AC and Bell DF. Tech Orthop. 1989;4(3): 1-4.
THE RESULTS OF SURGICAL TREATMENT FOR DISPLACED PEDIATRIC PROXIMAL HUMERUS FRACTURES