- See: Classification of Proximal Humeral Fractures:
- by definition has less than 1 cm of displacement and less than 45 deg of fracture angulation;
- ideally patients should be immobilized in a sling for no more than one week, and then should be started on supervised assisted passive shoulder ROM exercises and active wrist and elbow ROM exercises;
- when not performing ROM exercises, patients are kept in a sling for 4-6 weeks;
- once active motion is achieved patients should be started on deltoid and rotator cuff stengthening programs;
- 75% of patients can expect to have a good to excellent result, and 10% will have a poor result;
- patients with excellent results tend to start ROM exercises with 10-14 days of injury
Functional Outcome after Minimally Displaced Fractures of the Proximal Part of the Humerus.