- for pts who have severe involvement, w/MP & PIP Joint contractures as well as fixation of palmar skin & involvement of multiple rays;
- often transverse incisions are left open (McCash (1964) or are covered w/ a full thickness skin graft;
- transverse incision across palm beginning at level just proximal to metacarpal heads & paralleling distal palmar crease w/extension
proximally over hypothenar eminence from little finger provides excellent exposure;
- separate zigzag or z-plasty incisions are used to remove diseased digital fascia, & these incisions may be connected to transverse
palmar wound, if necessary
- Case Example: transverse palmar incision followed by FTSG
Wound complications in the surgical management of Dupuytren's contracture: a comparison of operative incisions.