- nondepolarizing neuromuscular blocking agent similar to pancuronium.
- has advantages over other nondepolarizing muscle relaxants by producing less hemodynamic changes, a shorter duration of action;
- dose reductions are not required in renal failure, but may be indicated in hepatic disease.
- usual intraoperative doses are 0.08 to 0.1 mg/kg IV, followed by maintenance doses of 0.01 to 0.015 mg/kg
- dose: 0.25 mg/kg
- half-life is 65 to 80 minutes.
- prior administration of succinylcholine may enhance the neuromuscular blocking effect and duration of action of vecuronium and therefore dosage should be reduced
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Monday, December 19, 2011 1:18 pm