Radial Meniscus Tear
- most commonly found in medial aspect of lateral meniscus;
- radial tears of the posterior aspect of the lateral meniscus may be found in association with an anterior cruciate disruption;
- may be associated w/ meniscal cysts which do not have to be removed
- complete resection of tear usually results in elimination of cyst;
- arthroscopic local excision w/ remaining rim contoured and stabilized
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Friday, August 31, 2012 12:30 pm