Metastastic Lung Carcinoma
- see metastatic carcinoma;
- will also produce increased bone density
- 30% of lung mets will show increased bone density on radiographs;
- avgerage life expectancy w/ metastatic lung Ca + pending pathologic frx is 3 months (vs. 18 months in breast ca);
- w/ IM nailing of femoral shaft lesions, beware of fat embolism syndrome
Surgery for skeletal metastases in lung cancer.
Surgery for skeletal metastases in lung cancer. Complications and survival in 98 patients.
Effect of Surgery on Quality of Life of Patients with Spinal Metastasis from Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 4:51 am