Ligamentous Injuries in Tibial Plateau Frxs
- See: Tibial Plateau Frx Menu, Rim Fractures
- 60% of plateau frx will have ligamentous instability;
- MCL accounted for 55%, LCL injuries for 22%, & combined cruciate & collateral injuries for 23% of lesions.
- these may have poor prognosis;
- w/ isolated plateau frx, significant widening of the opposite joint line, should not occur;
- look for widening of joint space (indicates collat. lig disruption);
- according to Rasmussen, surgery is indicated for tibial plateau frx, along w/ varus or valgus instability of 10 deg or more w/ knee flexed 20 deg
Ligament injuries associated with tibial plateau fractures.
[Ligamentous Lesions Associated with Fractures of the Tibial Plateau.]
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Friday, June 1, 2012 2:32 pm