- usual dose is 200 mg to 400 mg q 12 hr;
- 30-40% of drug will be excreted in to urine;
- there is some evidence for higher tissue concentrations than seen with other antibiotics, and with a 800 mg dose the tissue concentrations are at least 8 times higher than the MIC;
- Drug Interactions:
- ofloxacin interferes w/ cytochrome P450 enzymes (as w/ other quinolones);
- will increase PT times in patients taking coumadin;
- may affect phenytoin levels
Tissue concentrations after a single dose, orally administered ofloxacin in patients with diabetic foot infections.