- comprise 12-15% of clavicular frx & are subclassified according to location of CC ligaments relative to fracture fragments;
- distal clavicle fractures may have a high incidence of non union but most of these are asymptomatic, and of these only a small number will be severe enough to require surgery;
- Minimal displacement (Type I)
- Frx Medial to CC Ligaments (Type II)
- Articular Surface Fractures (Type III)
The natural course of lateral clavicle fracture. 15 (11-21) year follow-up of 110 cases.
Distal clavicular physeal injury.
Fractures of the distal clavicle: a case for fixation.
Treatment of distal clavicle fracture: a systematic review of treatment modalities in 425 fractures
Comparison of Hook Plate and Tension Band Wire in the Treatment of Distal Clavicle Fractures