- proximal 2/3 of the lateral supracondylar ridge of the humerus and lateral intermuscular septum;
- inserts into lateral surface of distal radius, immediately above styloid process;
- synergist: Brachialis , biceps brachi ;
- nerve supply: radial - C6 > C5
- brachioradialis muscle assists in elbow flexion and is also a semipronator and semisupinator of the forearm, bringing it from supine
or prone position to neutral rotation;
- muscle transfer:
- if BR is to be used for a muscle tranfer, then be sure that the triceps muscle is working since the BR crosses two joints and requires an antagonistic muscle group
Year Book: The Distally-Based Brachioradialis Muscle Flap.
Dorsal Transfer of the Brachioradialis to the Flexor Pollicis Longus Enables Simultaneous Powering of Key Pinch and Forearm Pronation.
Functional Consequence of Distal Brachioradialis Tendon Release: A Biomechanical Study