Type III FDP Avulsion
- large bony fragment is avulsed by the tendon and is humg up at the level of distal pulley (A4);
- technically the fragment is distal to the A4 pulley;
- long vinculum remains intact;
- tendon may separate from bony fragment and be displaced further proximally;
- in type III injury, tendon remains in digital sheath & repair can be performed at a later date
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Wednesday, October 3, 2012 8:48 pm