- 5 cm incision is made over the fracture site, in a direction perpendicular to the platysma fibers;
- incise thru the platysma muscle with care to avoid the underlying supra-clavicular nerve;
- mobilize the supraclavicular nerve if it is found;
- mobilize the full thickness flaps to better expose the fracture;
- apply combination of self retaining retractors;
- the supra-clavicular nerve lies immediately deep to the platysma muscle;
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 12:31 pm