- See: External Hip Rotators;
- origin: inferior medial surface of the obturator foramen and the quadrilateral surface;
- insertion: after passing thru the lesser sciatic notch, it inserts on the superior posterior aspect of the greater trochanter of the femur;
- action: outward rotation of the thigh at the hip can also produce horizontal extension;
- synergists: piriformis, obturator externus, quadratus femoris, gemellus superior and gemellus inferior
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Thursday, December 6, 2012 1:01 pm