- bone scans tend to be hot (unlike multiple myeloma);
- bone lesion may be less likely to cause pathologic fractures than other metatsatic lesions;
- if bone lesions are asymptomatic, consider non operative treatment;
- associated features include lymphadenopathy or splenomegaly;
- evaluate cervical, axillary, and inguinal regions;
- may be associated with increased sed rate;
- most often lymphoma is treated with a combination of XRT and chemotherapy;
- average survival is 19-27 months for low grade lymphoma and less than 11 months for high grade
Posttransplantatioin lymphoproliferative disorder in the knee.
Unsuspected Lymphoma Diagnosed with Use of Biopsy During Kyphoplasty.
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:47 am