- Congenital Deformities of the Hands:
- rare anomaly
- absence of digit, w/ cleft hand ("lobster claw" hand);
- phalanges of middle finger, & sometimes corresponding metacarpal, are absent, & cleft in the plane of the missing digit & metacarpal
separates the hand into medial and lateral portions;
- digits on either side of cleft may exhibit various degrees of fusion;
- in many cases, is associated w/ tibial hemimelia
Lobster-claw deformities of the hands and feet.
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:07 am