Innervation of the Skin of the Gluteal Region
- in lateral gluteal region, cutaneous nerves are lateral cutaneous branches of T12 & Iliohypogastric (L1 ) nerves;
- superior region: receives superior cluneal nerves (lateral branches of dorsal rami of L1, L2, L3)
- these superior cluneal nerves may be damaged by iliac crest grafting
- medial area is supplied by middle cluneal nerves, lateral branches of dorsal rami of S1, S2, S3;
- inferior area receives inferior cluneal nerves, branches of the post femoral cutaneous nerve
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Tuesday, December 6, 2011 11:36 am