Flexor Hallucis Brevis
- See: Plantar Muscles of the Foot:
- medial portion of the plantar surface of the cuboid bone, adjacent portion of the lateral cuneform bone and prolongation of tendon of
- medial and lateral heads of the F.H.B. insert onto the medial and lateral sesamoid bones at the MP joint which are attached to the
medial and lateral sides of the of proximal phalanx of the great toe.
- Action: Flexes metatarsophalangeal articulation of great toe.
- Synergist: Flexor Hallucis Longus.
- Nerve Supply:
- tibial, L4, L5, S1, S2;
- innervation of muscles lower limb)
Sesamoid disorders and treatment. An update.
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Tuesday, December 6, 2011 10:32 am