- See: Plantar Muscles of the Foot:
- Origin: posterior surface of middle 3/5 of tibia;
- Insertion: branches into 4 tendons that insert the plantar surface of base of distal phalanx of the 4 lesser toes.
- flexes phalanges at all phalangeal and metatarsophalangeal articulations of 2nd to 5th toes;
- plantar flexes and inverts foot at the ankle;
- synergists: tibialis posterior, FHL, FDB; (see deep post compart)
- Nerve Supply: tibial, L5, S1; (See Innervation)
Chronic rupture of the Achilles tendon : a new technique of repair.
Distal anatomical relationship of the flexor hallucis longus and flexor digitorum longus tendons.
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Monday, December 5, 2011 2:46 pm