Extensor Hallucis Longus
- middle 1/2 of the anterior surface of the fibula and adjacent interosseus membrane.
- the EHL lies dorsal to the EHB and is prevented from subluxation by the dorsal extensor hood;
- dorsal surface of base of distal phalanx of hallux
- Nerve supply:
- deep peroneal , L5 > L4 , S1 ; (See Innervation )
- extends distal phalanx of the great toe. continued action extends proximal phalanx and dorsiflexes and supinates the foot at the ankle.
- synergist: Extensor Hallucis Brevis
Extensor hallucis longus transfer for hallux varus deformity.
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:46 pm