DVT Treatment - low molecular weight heparins (LMWH)
- prevents formation of clots by accelerating activity of antithrombin III
- 2,500 IU or 5,000 IU/ 0.2 mL single-dose prefilled syringe
- 7,500 IU / 0.3 mL single-dose prefilled syringe
- 10,000 IU / 0.4 mL single-dose prefilled syringe
- 10,000 IU / 1 mL single-dose graduated syringe
- 12,500 IU / 0.5 mL single-dose prefilled syringe
- 15,000 IU / 0.6 mL single-dose prefilled syringe
- 18,000 IU / 0.72 mL single-dose prefilled syringe
- 95,000 IU / 3.8 mL multiple-dose vial
- 95,000 IU / 9.5 mL multiple-dose vial
- indication (non-comprehensive)
- prophylaxis or treatment of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
Benefit-to-harm ratio of thromboprophylaxis for patients undergoing major orthopaedic surgery. A systematic review. Tinzaparin (Innohep)
Patient-reported treatment satisfaction with oral rivaroxaban versus standard therapy in the treatment of acute symptomatic deep-vein thrombosis.
Incidence of neuraxial haematoma after total hip or knee surgery: RECORD programme (rivaroxaban vs. enoxaparin).
Elective hip and knee arthroplasty and the effect of rivaroxaban and enoxaparin thromboprophylaxis on wound healing.
Concomitant use of medication with antiplatelet effects in patients receiving either rivaroxaban or enoxaparin after total hip or knee arthroplasty.
Cost-effectiveness of rivaroxaban in the prevention of venous thromboembolism: a Canadian analysis using the Ontario Ministry of Health Perspective.
Cost and outcomes associated with rivaroxaban vs enoxaparin for the prevention of postsurgical venous thromboembolism from a US payer's perspective.
Oral rivaroxaban for symptomatic venous thromboembolism.
Oral rivaroxaban for the prevention of symptomatic venous thromboembolism after elective hip and knee replacement.
- Inhibits reactions that lead to the clotting of blood, including the formation of fibrin clots, both in vitro and in vivo
- Acts as a potent co-inhibitor of several activated coagulation factors, especially factors Xa and IIa (thrombin)
- Availability – 2 mL vial (20,000 anti-Xa IU per mL)
- Indication (non-comprehensive)
- treatment of acute symptomatic deep vein thrombosis with or without pulmonary embolism when administered in conjunction with Warfarin
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Monday, February 17, 2014 3:14 pm