- See: Traumatic Gamekeeper's Thumb
- characterized by abduction deformity of MCP joint;
- results from attenuation of ulnar collateral ligament;
- there is also an adduction contracture of the metacarpal;
- stability of the MCP joint should be tested by applying an ulnarly
directed force to joint, both w/ joint extended and flexed;
- joint should be tighter in flexion than extension;
- compare injured joint to the contralateral normal joint;
- requires ulnar collateral ligament repair
Gamekeeper's thumb. Evaluation by arthrography and stress roentgenography.
Instability of the metacarpophalangeal joint of the thumb. Reconstruction of the collateral ligaments using the extensor pollicis brevis tendon.