Carl J. Basamania M.D.
- rotatory stress test was developed to reliably test for anterior instability of of the shoulder;
- in most cases, the test will identify a Bankart Lesion, but on occassion the test will pick up a Hagl lesion (avulsion of IGHL);
- test begins on normal side;
- w/ the arm supported in the surgeon's axilla, and one hand translates the shoulder anteriorly;
- the shoulder is then abducted and externally rotated;
- the shoulder is again translated anteriorly;
- w/ a normal inferior glenohumeral ligament, anterior translation should decrease markedly