- origin: transverse processes of the first to sixth thoracic, articular processes of the 4th to 7th cervical vertebrae;
- insertion: spinous processes of 2nd to 5th cervical vertebrae;
- acting bilaterally, extension and hyperextension of the cervical spine;
- acting unilaterally, lateral flexion of the neck and head;
- synergists: semispialis capitis, splenius cervicis, iliocostalis cervicis, longissimus capitis, longissimus cervicis;
- nerve supply: posterior rami of the cervical nerves
Anatomic Study of the Semispinalis Cervicis for Reattachment during Laminoplasty.