- anterior erosion of the odontoid process
- anterior posterior erosion of odontoid process (applecore odontoid)
- subluxation of C1 on C2;
- focal soft tissue calcification anterior to the ring of C1
- ankylosis of the apophyseal joints (often leading to ankylosis & fusion of the vertebrals bodies);
- longitudinal and circumferential growth abnormalities of adjacent vertebral bodies following spontaneous posterior fusions;
- subaxial subluxations between C2 and C7 (often associated w/ ankylosis of facet joints above and below the area of subluxations)
Changes in the cervical spine in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.