Thumb Fractures / Dislocations
- Anatomy of CMC joint
- Sesamoid Bones of the Thumb
- AP view taken w/ hand in maximum pronation (Robert View);
- Types of Injuries and Treatment:
- Mallet Fracture of Thumb
- Gamekeeper's Thumb
- Frx Dislocations of the Thumb MP Joint
- Extra-articular Thumb Metacarpal Fractures
- CMC Instability
- Bennett's Fracture
- Rolando's fracture
- thumb frx dislocations require accurate reduction and fixation to minimize traumatic arthritis, pain, and instability;
- Thumb Soft Tissue Defects
Functional cast immobilization of thumb metacarpophalangeal joint injuries.
Fractures of the basal joint of the thumb.
Intra-articular fractures of the basilar joint of the thumb.
Fractures at the base of the thumb: treatment with oblique traction.
Post-traumatic instability of the metacarpophalangeal joint of the thumb.
Instability of the metacarpophalangeal joint of the thumb.
Fractures of the base of the first metacarpal bone: results of surgical
Locking of the metacarpophalangeal joint of the thumb.
Arthroplasty of the basal joint of the thumb using a silicone prosthesis. Long-term follow-up.
Carpometacarpal dislocations. Long-term follow-up.
Trapeziometacarpal total joint replacement using the Steffee prosthesis.
Functional anatomy of the carpometacarpal joint of the thumb.
Reconstruction of the thumb basal joints. Development and current status of implant techniques.
Ligament reconstruction for the painful "prearthritic" thumb carpometacarpal joint.
Treatment of Bennett, Rolando, and vertical intraarticular trapezial fractures.
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Thursday, October 4, 2012 2:58 pm