Rotatory Stress Test for Anterior Instability
Carl J. Basamania M.D.
- rotatory stress test was developed to reliably test for anterior instability of of the shoulder;
- test begins on normal side;
- w/ the arm supported in the surgeon's axilla, and one hand translates the shoulder anteriorly;
- the shoulder is then abducted and externally rotated;
- the shoulder is again translated anteriorly;
- w/ a normal inferior glenohumeral ligament, anterior translation should decrease markedly
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Monday, July 2, 2012 7:16 pm