References for Sickle Cell Anemia
Osteomyelitis in Patients Who Have Sickle-Cell Disease. Diagnosis and Management.
Systemic salmonella infections in sickle cell anaemia.
Use of the tourniquet during surgery in patients with sickle cell hemoglobinopathies.
Acute surgical illness in patients with sickle cell anemia.
Osteonecrosis of the humeral head in sickle cell disease.
Augmentation by erythropoietin of the fetal-hemoglobin response to hydroxyurea in sickle cell disease.
The shoulder in sickle-cell disease.
Clinical trial of a hemoglobin based blood substitute in patients with sickle cell anemia.
Original Articles: Pain in Sickle Cell Disease: Rates and Risk Factors.
Prevalence and pathologic features of sickle cell nephropathy and response to inhibition of angiotensin-converting enzyme.
Incidence and treatment of fractures in thalassemia.
Fractures in Thalassemia.
- References for the Hip:
- Osteonecrosis of the hip in the sickle-cell diseases. Treatment and complications.
- Deformities of the hip in adults who have sickle-cell disease and had avascular necrosis in childhood. A natural history of fifty-two patients.
- Sickle cell disease and silent avascular necrosis of the hip.
- Original Articles: Sickle cell disease as a cause of osteonecrosis of the femoral head.
- Hip arthroplasty in patients with sickle-cell haemoglobinopathy.
- Total hip arthroplasty in patients who have sickle-cell hemoglobinopathy.
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 1:16 pm