Rectus Capitis Posterior Minor
- origin: the tubercle on the posterior arch of the atlas;
- insertion: the medial part of the inferior nuchal line of the occipital bone and the surface between it and the foramen magnum;
- action: extends the head at the neck;
- nerve supply: a branch of the dorsal primary division of the suboccipital nerve;
- synergists: rectus capitus posterior major, Obliquus capitis superior, Longissimus Capitis, Semispinalis capitis
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Tuesday, August 16, 2011 11:58 am