Obliquus capitis superior
- origin: the superior surface of the transverse process of the atlas;
- insertion: the occipital bone, between the superior and inferior nuchal lines, lateral of the Semispinalis capitis ;
- action: extension and lateral flexion of the head at the neck;
- nerve supply: branch of the dorsal primary division of the suboccipital nerve;
- synergists: Rectus Capitis Posterior Minor, Rectus Capitis Posterior Major, Longissimus Capitis, Semispinalis capitis
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Tuesday, August 16, 2011 12:00 pm