- Myopathic Disorders
- Muscle Fiber Types
- Biochemistry of Skeletal Muscle Contraction:
- Muscle Contraction:
- Metabolic Sequence
- Calcium Regulation of Muscle Contraction
- Histology of Skeletal Muscle
- Chemistry of Skeletal Muscle
- Muscle Cramps
- Extra cellular Matrix:
- composed of many different molecular components, consisting mostly of collagens, proteoglycans, and glycosaminoglycans
- Matrix metalloproteinases:
- enzymes that digest collagen which are synthesized and excreted by fibroblasts
- required for homeostasis
- disruption of MMP regulation due to injury / disease can alter normal ECM architecture and prevent proper force transmission;
- zinc-dependent endopeptidases that digest collagen and other structural molecules
- 4 types:
- collagenases, gelatinases, membrane-bound MMPs, and stromelysins
- DHEA effect on muscle:
- DHEA Alleviates Oxidative Stress of Muscle Cells via Activation of Nrf2 Pathway.
- Effect of dehydroepiandrosterone administration on recovery from mix-type exercise training-induced muscle damage.
- Specific binding and effects of DHEA-S on skeletal muscle cells: implication for DHEA-S replacement therapy in myotonic dystrophy.
Phys Ed: Does Stretching Before Running Prevent Injuries?
Phys Ed: Free the Free Radicals
Phys Ed: The Workout Enigma
Fighting the Muscle Loss That Comes With Age
More Than an Exercise in Vanity
Suturing of lacerations of skeletal muscle
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Wednesday, October 3, 2018 10:57 am