- from bondies of the 5th, 6th, and 7th cervical and the 1st, 2nd and 3rd thoracic vertebrae, with the slips from transverse processes;
- it lies on the anterior surface of the vertebral bodies between C1 and T3;
- bodies of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th cervicals with slips to transverse processes;
- acting bilaterally, flexes cervical vertebrae; acting unilaterally, assists in rotation and lateral flexion;
- scalenus group, sterncleidomastoid, longus capitis, suprahyoid, infrahyoid and the platysma
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 4:02 pm