EMG in Demyelinating Neuropathies
- See: EMG Menu:
- demyelinating neuropathies are characterized by slowing of conduction velocities and latencies, including those of late responses such as F
- this occurs well before clinical symptoms appear.
- slowing of the conduction velocity is often > 40% of the normal mean;
- EMG of pt who has neuropathic disorder shows an increased amplitude and duration of response;
- in contrast, patients w/ myopathic disorders will show a decreased amplitude and duration of response;
- types of disorders:
- multiple sclerosis:
- CMT type I and CMT type II
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 11:21 am