- stretch appied to an object which when removed will allow object to revert to its original resting length without permanent deformation;
- produces a linear "stress/strain" slope;
- yield point or limit or proportionality, denotes end of elastic region of the curve;
- if any load along this gradient up to this point is removed, substance will regain its resting shape;
- elastic limit: maximum load that a substance can withstand and still resume its original shape
- elastic modulus of stainless steel is 12 times EM of cortical (EM of titanium is 6 times of cortical bone)
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD on Sunday, August 4, 2013 9:59 am