DVT Treatment - Anticoagulants
Fondaparinux sodium (Arixtra)
Potent anticoagulants are associated with a higher all-cause mortality rate after hip and knee arthroplasty.
- highly selective direct factor Xa inhibitor with oral bioavailability and rapid onset of action
- availability – 10 mg, 15 mg, and 20 mg tablets
- indications (non-comprehensive)
- prophylaxis of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in adults undergoing hip and knee replacement
- treatment of patients with DVT and pulmonary embolism (PE)
- long-term treatment to prevent recurrence of DVT and PE
- how XARELTO® works
- HCP Resources
- Patient Resources
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Monday, August 24, 2015 12:33 pm