Diff dx: Neurogenic joint
- See: Neuropathic Shoulder
Diabetes mellitus (diabetic charcot foot and ankle)
- Septic Elbow in the Setting of Neuropathic Joint as the Initial Presentation of a Cervical Syrinx
Tumors of the spinal cord
Degenerative spinal disease with nerve root compression
Subacute combined degeneration of the spinal cord
Giantism w/ hypertrophic neuropathy
Impaired pain sensitivity due to use of:
intraarticular and systemic steroids
Congenital insensitivity to pain
Familial hereditary neuropathies
Charcot Marie Tooth disease
Hereditary sensory neuropathy
Hypertrophic intersitial neuropathy (Dejerine-Scottas disease)
Familial dysautonomia (Riley day syndrome)
Familial amyloid neuropathy
- diabetic neuropathy
- paraneoplastic sensory neuropathy
- paraneoplastic mononeuritis multiplex
- neoplastic neuropathy
- chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy
- sarcoid neuropathy
- postinfectious small fiber sensory neuropathy
- amyloid neuropathy
- lyme neuropathy
- HIV neuropathy
- leprous neuropathy
- cryoglobulinemic neuropathy (associated with Raynaud's syndrome)
- Vasculitic neuropathy (Sjögren's syndrome)
A short history of neuropathic arthropathy.
Surgical arthrodesis of the neuropathic foot. A salvage procedure.
Neurogenic arthropathy of the hand and wrist.
Ten steps in characterizing and diagnosing patients with peripheral neuropathy.
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Thursday, May 31, 2012 2:33 pm