- cis platin
- Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy:
- may facilitate limb salvage surgery by causing significant necrosis of the primary tumor;
- cis platin: 2 intra-arterial cycles are given at a dose of 120 mg;
- doxorubicin given 20 mg qd for 3 days;
- Musculoskeletal Tumors which are Treated w/ Chemotherapy:
- typically requires 3 cycles of chemotherapy;
- malignant fibrous histiocytoma
- ewing's sarcoma
- typically requires 4 cycles of chemo;
- multiple myeloma:
- Musculoskeletal Tumors which are Not Treated w/ Chemotherapy:
The effect of chemotherapy on growth in the skeletally immature individual.
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Monday, December 19, 2011 2:59 pm