Treatment of Volar Wrist Ganglions
- 20% of all ganglia
- most common site at volar wrist crease between the FCR and APL at the scaphotrapezoid joint;
- volar ganglions may be less amenable to aspiration than dorsal ganglions since the radial artery may be adjacent to the cyst
- recurrence rate after surgery:
- The simple wrist ganglion--more than a minor surgical procedure?
- [Surgical treatment of volar wrist ganglia].
- need for surgical cauterization to prevent recurrence:
- A new sclerotherapy technique for the wrist ganglion: transcutaneous electrocauterization.
- Preliminary report of the effectiveness of tetracycline sclerotherapy in treatment of ganglion
The volar wrist ganglion: just a simple cyst?
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Monday, November 18, 2013 9:51 am