- See: arthroscopic knot tying techniques
- Square Knot:
- Knot Security: How Many Throws Does It Really Take?
- Biologic Response to Orthopedic Sutures: A Histologic Study in a Rabbit Model
- Wound Closure Types Orthopaedic Surgery:
- subcuticular closure:
- reported 8-10% wound complication (/infection) risk in compromised wounds such as TKR and calcaneal fractures;
- Modality of wound closure after total knee replacement: are staples as safe as sutures? A retrospective study of 181 patients.
- Skin closure using staples and Nylon sutures: a comparison of results
- Sutures versus staples for skin closure in orthopaedic surgery: meta-analysis.
- Should we still stitch the subcutaneous fat layer? A clinical and ultrasound assessment in 50 hip operations.
- Comparative study of skin closure in hip surgery.
- Is a fat stitch required when closing a hip hemiarthroplasty wound without a drain?
- Inverted running interlocking suture (IRIS): a technique for rapid closure of wounds.
- Delayed wound healing and nutritional deficiencies after total hip arthroplasty.
- Sutures versus staples for wound closure in orthopaedic surgery: a randomized controlled trial.
- Sutures versus staples for skin closure in orthopaedic surgery: meta-analysis
- Barbed Suture Is Associated With Increased Risk Of Wound Infection Following Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty
- Comparing wound complication rates following closure of hip wounds with metallic skin staples or subcuticular vicryl suture: a prospective randomised trial.
Adverse events of sutures: possible interactions of biomaterials?
Comparison of the Mechanical Properties of Different Tension Band Materials and Suture Techniques
Bacterial Adherence to High–Tensile Strength Sutures
Microanastomotic response to needle and suture size.
A comparison of absorbable and nonabsorbable sutures to vascular response in immature arteries.
Strength retention of chromic gut and synthetic absorbable sutures in a nonhealing synovial wound.
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Thursday, March 24, 2016 8:17 am