SLD: Acute Ligament Tear - Repair Technique
- See: Ligaments of the Wrist
- dorsal incision is centered of Lister's tubercle;
- dorsal capsule is reflected in line with the skin incision;
- radial capsule is reflected from the scaphoid to its waist;
- reduce lunate and scaphoid w/ K wire;
- joysticks inserted in a dorsal to palmar direction;
- rim of the scaphoid is fresened to subcortical bone w/ small, high speed burr;
- when the ligament is attached to the lunate (the usual case), holes are drilled from the waist of the scaphoid in a proximal and medial direction to exit at scapholunate articulation;
- sutures are placed in the scapholunate ligament, volar to distal
Chronic capitolunate instability
Radial shortening for Kienbock disease
Carpometacarpal dislocations. Long-term follow-up.
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 12:45 pm