- Rosenburg View:
- used to evaluate for narrowing of the cartilage space in the wt. bearing, flexed knee position;
- this provides a film with the anterior margin of the tibial plateau superimposed on the posterior margin;
- patient is standing with the knees flexed at 45 deg;
- wt is equally distributed on the two extremities, the toes point straight forward and the patellae touch the cassette;
- central beam directed at the inferior pole of the patella with 10 deg caudal tilt;
- x-ray machine is 40 in. from the cassette;
- both knees are included on one cassette
The forty-five-degree posteroanterior flexion weight-bearing radiograph of the knee.
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:52 am