- for HTN;
- Alpha blocker with some direct smooth muscle relaxation:
- Initial: 1mg PO bid to tid (watch out for syncope);
- Maintenance dose: 6-15 mg/day given in 2-3 divided doses;
- Maximun daily dose: 20 mg/day;
- syncope may occur w/ dose > 2 mg;
- hypotension may occur with concomitant use of Beta blockers
Postoperative urinary retention associated with total hip and total knee arthroplasties.
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Monday, December 19, 2011 12:52 pm