Piroxicam / Feldene
- Rheumatoid and osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis;
- Dosage: 10-20mg PO qd (has an extended half life);
- therapeutic response should only be assessed after two weeks or more of continuous treatment;
- may cause diarrhea;
- Contraindicated in patients with syndrome of bronchospasm, nasal polyps, angioedema precipitated by ASA or other NSAIA;
- Use with caution in patients with a h/o upper GI bleeding, heart failure, renal insufficiency, liver dysfunction, hypertension and in patients with other conditions predisposing to fluid retention
The effect of piroxicam on the metabolism of isolated human chondrocytes.
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:00 pm