- Below Knee Amputation:
- BKA prosthetics
- Pediatric Amputation
- Anterior bowing assoc. w/ posterior tilting of epiphyseal plate;
- Varus type of bowing with distal element pointing medially;
- Fibula will usually out grow tibia, which may result in:
- formation of bursa overlying fibula;
- prominent spicule of bone projecting beneath skin, which may on occiassion perforate skin & become surrounded by granulomas
- Overgrowth - - Biologic Capping: -
Stump overgrowth in juvenile amputees. E Abraham et al. J. Pediatric Orthop. Vol 6. 1986. p 66-71.
A study of stump growth in children with below-knee amputations.
Effect of Amputation Level on Energy Expenditure During Overground Walking by Children with an Amputation
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Monday, May 14, 2012 1:16 pm