- potential space between FPL tendon, FDP tendons, & pronator quadratus;
- is known as the subtendinous space of the wrist or Parona's space;
- pus in FPL sheath can ascend in the radial bursa and eventually rupture into this space;
- pus in little finger sheath can ascend in ulnar bursae & rupture into Paron's space;
- pus from thenar abscess or midpalmar abscess may rupture into Parona's space;
- if pus from either the radial or ulnar bursae ruptures into Parona's space, it can be drained by the same incision used for releasing pus from the proximal end of the ulnar bursae
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:36 pm