Methylprednisolone / Medrol / Solumedrol
- See Steroids
- not used for Cerebral edema;
- useful for Potassium wasting;
- PO: 4-48mg/day depending on disease and clinical response;
- IV: 30mg/kg infused over 10-20min for septic shock;
- Dosage for Severe bronchospasm:
- 0.5-1mg/kg initially, followed by tapering doses q4-6hr
Original Articles: A Randomized, Controlled Trial of Methylprednisolone or Naloxone in the Treatment of Acute Spinal-Cord Injury: Results of the Second National Acute Spinal Cord Injury Study.
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:36 am