- following are components of a Medial Release:
- recession or excision of abductor hallucis;
- elongation/release of
- tibionavicular portion of deltoid ligament
- tibialis posterior tendon
- talonavicular joint capsule
- talocalcaneal joint capsule
- interosseous ligament (only rarely performed)
- long toe flexors may also require elongation.
- division of Spring Ligament, Lateral Bifurcate Ligament;
- w/ serious Cavus deformity: contracted plantar muscles may also require a release. (combined procedure: Plantar Medial Release)
Clubfoot Posteromedial Release: Advantages of Tibialis Anterior Tendon Lengthening
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 1:03 pm