Lumbrical Muscle Sheaths
- index lumbrical is adherent to roof of thenar bursa;
- second, third, & 4th lumbrical sheaths are not so easily demonstrated, but when present usually overlie mid palmar bursa or space;
- lumbar sheaths extend from the web area to the center of the palm;
- pus from a web area can ascend index lumbrical sheath and rupture into thenar bursae or space;
- long, ring, and little lumbrical sheaths may rupture into midpalmar space
Original Text by Clifford R. Wheeless, III, MD.
Last updated by Data Trace Staff on Monday, August 20, 2012 6:57 pm